[kj] KJ falls apart in the 80s (for the second time)

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 08:59:08 EST 2005

Big Paul would certainly consider a reunion --- but he'd quite
understandably like to be *asked* first. When Killing Joke came through
NYC in 2003, Big Paul didn't even get so much as a phone call.
Moreover, Big Paul entertains the idea of playing with them, but he'll
never be a "surprise guest" in his own band.

Alex in NYC

On Wednesday, November 2, 2005, at 11:22 PM, Geoffrey ODonoghue wrote:

> Yes indeed - thanks for the link Stranger. Mr Raven's comments are
> definitely illuminating.
> Why am I not surprised to find that the second fragmentation of KJ
> was yet again initiated by their "megalomaniac frontman" (to quote
> Raven)?
> It seems to me that Jaz is a lot more relaxed these days so it's a
> shame that (judging from comments made by Alex) BPF would not consider
> a KJ reunion. Jaz would probably be all for it now.
>
> Geoff
>
> PS - Many thanks for all the replies to my request.
>

> dammit bleep <hawk044 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Great find, Stranger. Enjoyed it tons.
>
> Wondering if Mr. Jaz will spare some of us Americans
> who DIDN'T drink the YAY AMERICA punch a break and
> return to the States soon with KJ.
>

> -jim
>
> --- The Stranger wrote:
>
> > Here's a great interview with Raven written during
> > that time.
> >

> http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/articles/1987-1991/mm140588.html
> >

> > I remember an interview with Jaz around this time
> > where he responds to Raven's comment that Jaz is
> > just
> > guided by the last book he read. He said "Well I'm
> > reading the Koran right now so Raven better watch
> > out!" hehe. Good fun. Glad they made nice.

<image.tiff>