[kj] LATER WITH JOOLS

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:49:51 EST 2005

FRIDAY at 11.35PM, BBC2

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/* <http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/Hello>

Hello <http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/> Music Lovers,

Who do I have for your televisual delight this week!

La Robster, ROBBIE WILLIAMS makes his return to the arena after two years of
intensive writing in LA with Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy. Robbie has been on
Later numerous occasions and this time he returns with a choir! He'll be
performing his new single "Trippin" and other tracks from his new album
'Intensive Care'.

She made her debut on Later and went on to sell truckloads of her debut
album 'Eye To The Telescope'. Now fast becoming an international star, KT
TUNSTALL makes a triumphant return to the Later studio. I'll be chatting to
Kate and she'll also be performing a Dylan track called "Tangled Up In
Blue", it's a cracking version which I'm sure you'll love!

Mercury Prize nominees MAXIMO PARK, hail from Newcastle Upon Tyne and write
songs about the landscape and atmosphere of their North Eastern roots. They
are part of the new young breed of British guitar bands taking over the
world, like Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party (all of whom have been on Later,
don't cha know!).

Senegalese musical maverick CHEIKH LO is a unique figure in contemporary
African music. His music draws from a myriad of African forms as well as
flamenco, Cuban, Brazilian, jazz and funk to produce a sound that is
unmistakably his own.

Who else have I got on the show this week!

Preetesh and Marlon make up MATTAFIX. Both come from wide musical
backgrounds which are reflected in their music. The sound of Mattafix is
best described as combining raga beats, bollywood, reggae, dance hall and
hip hop! They also have a steel drum moment on one of their songs, it's
brilliant!

The last time VASHTI BUNYAN was on TV was in 1969 on Ready Steady Go! One of
the great lost artefacts of Britfolk, with a voice that is barely a whisper,
Vashti will be performing a track from what will only be her second album
release in her 40 odd old career, "Lookaftering".

Next week we are squeezing a monster sized amount of talent into the studio,
SANTANA, PAUL WELLER, JOHN CALE, SIGUR ROS, BETTYE LAVETTE & SHERYL CROW,
phew!* No Rush though*

--
iPat
"Intellect and intelligence do not go together. Intelligence is obtained