[kj] top 10, 2003 etc.

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 04:43:10 EST 2005

but wasn't the story that even at the time it was intended to be a coleman
solo album but E'G insisted it was released as KILLING JOKE in order to sell
more? nothing revisionist about that. i doubt raven or big paul wrote any of
the material. there's neither of their trademark qualities on any of the
tracks. jaz would have told them what to play. raven once said 1000 SUNS was
a jaz coleman project in that sense. i reckon jaz wrote the riff for 'stay
one jump ahead', too. probably wrote quite a bit of the guitar on that
album. geordie is just going through the motions in any case, you can tell
his heart isn't in it.
 let's have a vote. PW can compile the results. so far it's 2-1 in favour of
a JC solo effort. and the tension builds...