[kj] A Better option - Take 3. *!Clack!*

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 17:56:22 EDT 2005

  C'mon, this is Killing Joke we're talking about. Think Dirty
Harry's pearl of wisdom, that a man's got to know the
limitations..of the band. Or sumthin' like that.

  I wonder if letting hand-picked fans do the remastering
wouldn't have achieved great results, and further endeared them
to the fanbase, and helped dispel 'unfounded' notions of the
band's aloofness?
  And i can't help thinking that if the bootlegs were pushed
hard and became huge sellers, that their future releases and
shows wouldn't explode.

  Does anyone know of any bands where the black market(w/loyal
fanbase) actually MADE them, saleswise and attendance-wise?

--- "peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> It would nt of taken much effort for either Jaz ,Geordie,
> Raven or Youth to go into the studio and remix it themselves.

>  With a bit of thought and effort ,We could have been
> looking forward to some thing really memorable instead of
run-of-the-mill re-releases with limited appeal.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso
visit the planet of the apes