[kj] ot: Friday night TV alternative to Big Brother - uk

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu May 26 03:40:35 EDT 2005

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 25, PROGRAMME 3

NEXT SHOW is on FRIDAY at 11.35PM, BBC2

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/* <http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/>

Hello Music Lovers,

Who have I got on the show this week to tickle your musical taste buds!?

Joining me on the show this week is my old mucker VAN MORRISON. After a
career spanning four decades and a recent induction into the Songwriters
Hall of Fame, Van will be performing tracks from his brand new album 'Magic
Time'. I'll be playing with him on the two tracks he'll be performing as
well – what a dream!

Top ten popsters KAISER CHIEFS are enjoying an unprecedented run of success.
In what is always a show stopping spectacle they will be playing some of
their infectious singles, "Oh My God" and "I Predict a Riot" and from their
platinum selling album "Employment"!

Mark Oliver Everett, aka, E, is the EELS. He's back with a new double album
'Blinking Lights And Other Revelations', a labour of love that was seven
years in the making. This is the fourth time that Eels will be on Later!
Check out some of their instrumentation - a suitcase and a dustbin double up
as a drum kit! E talks more about this in an interview which you can find on
the Later website.

It's not over yet!

Playing songs from his album 'Get Lifted' JOHN LEGEND, this US R&B singer is
said to be the future of soul. Already an established session musician and
songwriter, John has worked with the likes of Alicia keys, Lauryn Hill,
Jay-Z and Kanye West (co-producer of his album 'Get Lifted'). I'll be
chatting to him at the piano as well.

As part of a musical dynasty, MARTHA WAINWRIGHT is the next in line to take
centre stage. Daughter to folk legends Loudon Wainwright III and Kate
McGarrigle and sister to Rufus, Martha is carrying on the family name in her
own unique style.

Former Pixies front man, FRANK BLACK is back with his first solo work in
almost 10 years. Entitled 'Honeycomb' he describes the recording of it as
"the most mind blowing experience of my career". Black rounds off this
week's musical line-up and will be performing a special acoustic set from
the album. You can also see more of what Frank has to say in an interview on
the Later website.

Actor PAUL KAYE, is popping in as well to talk about his new film, "It's All
Gone Pete Tong". I'll be chatting to Paul about popular cockney rhyming
slang and other bits and bobs!

Make sure you TUNE IN!

Friday 27th May 11.35pm on BBC 2!

--
iPat
There is the urge that makes for conformity, and the urge to be free.