[kj] killingjoke.com (and Donovan/Rat Scabies!)

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Wed May 25 20:14:08 EDT 2005

Nice work! Looking forward to some more Jaz diaries! Some excellent pics of
SBE too.
I'm just summoning up the courage to download the Loose Cannon video... can
it really be as poor as the song?!

As a total aside, just been to see Donovan tonight (that bleedin' hippie
that did Hurdy Gurdy Man and Mellow Yellow)... no I didn't pay... with none
other than Rat Scabies on drums!  Great to see Rat behind a kit again,
though annoying he couldn't really let go or it would scare the crowd away.
Very surreal though!  A fair few moments where I had to stifle laughter,
should I incur the wrath of the Donovan Barmy Army all around me!
Oh and I'd recommend picking up the new book Rat Scabies & The Holy Grail
(http://www.pgw.com/catalog/search.asp?ISBN=1560256788). I'm assured it's
99.9% true... and a ripping yarn indeed!!!!

cheers,
            Dave (in Edinburgh)