[kj] URGENT: GANG OF FOUR and remixes

Ed Grapes dadsizedpantz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 18 13:27:16 EDT 2005

Absolutely - Wardance 2003 is listenable, Dave Grohl makes a decent go of the tribal drum work ... but it just doesn't really serve any purpose - the only way of re-inventing songs in any shape or form is to do it live (something I think somebody else mentioned on this board recently, with reference to KJ songs) or perhaps if they are completely re-worked, ie: in a different musical genre ... but then this is often really hit and miss.

That said, I loved Gang of Four, and I'm the sort of completist twat who'll buy this remix/re-recording collection ... doh

Christof hamille <wessidetempest at hotmail.com> wrote:
Wardance 2003 is not bad. But not necessary. IT wasn't enough of an
improvement to replace the original. And that is what the majority of these
sort recordings turn into. Not needed. Contractual obligations for one mor
ealbum. Same with remixes and cover albums. There is only one album I can
think of that is incredible (and I sadly own quite a few expecting great
things) DOOM-Made In Sweden. Sometimes the original production adds to the
song

Chris