[kj] Gorgeous George/Mr. Peter West

The Resistance resistcorruption at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:29:39 EDT 2005

I hope some of you if not all of you are enjoying the George Galloway show -
British Democracy needs more people like him - (having said that I do
despise his former support for Hussein)
 Mr. Peter West - please excuse my juvenile antics - I cannot remember
exactly what you said - please send it again if you want a genuine response.
 Disregarding the litigious technicalities - if the UN have declared that
the war on Iraq was illegal then in my book this makes any death or case of
torture a war crime.
 And look at the hypocrisy - Uzbekistan have a monster at their head but we
will see no war there because of America's air base.
 I think Strauss was right, liberal democracy has failed leaving nihilism in
it's wake. I do not agree with his prescriptive argument that the ovine
residue should be manipulated through christianity. However, we can look at
the human race with the atrocities that we commit and realise that although
our western 'democracies' have evolved we have not evolved ethically at all.
We are doing the same shit that we were doing thousands of years ago just
with different tools. Which is why for the Iraqi people the currency has
changed but the deal stays the same. If the death rate stays the same or
increases we cannot justify the war even on dubious utilitarian principles.
We will have to accept that the war was a failure just as man is.
 Sadly the majority do not care about human rights unless they are directly
affected by it.
 On election night I switched off the tv in disgust when a young woman was
asked about the war and she replied "I find it really boring". She will find
it less boring if she looks down one day to see the obscenity of her own
intestines splattered across the floor. I tried to console myself by
cranking up "Change" and nearly burst into tears.....