[kj] re: jihad/Beyrouth

circuit bender circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 13:28:01 EDT 2005

Peter, try reading this:
'Rethinking Eurocentrism' - by Shohat and Stam.
Or similar.

p.s. Have you read up on your Nam history yet? Oh yes. that was Taro. The other person with an iffy apostrophe.

"peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
So by your own reasoning ,its justifiable to walk around with a swastika
armband,Because the swastika was originally a sign of peace and its only the
media who have fed us bad information? There are enough words in the
alphabet to describe anything as you so wish.So you cant blame journalists
lack of vocabulary
Blaming the media for reporting on things and giving information is
like blaming the television for you not getting the correct lottery numbers.
I did a google search of the word "Jihad" and 8 out of 10 results had
some thing to do with terror,And the media is not responsible for google
results.
The meaning of the word has changed(for whatever reason)so you must adapt
as well ,or face being misunderstood.
PW