[kj] OT - KJ recording

Jester webmaster at killing-joke.com
Fri May 13 02:09:42 EDT 2005

1. There was not really a Killing Joke per se, after they cancelled the
rest of the tour post Democracy, till Killing Joke 2003 was done. Even
while tracking KJ2003, they still weren't really a band, as it was
recorded over many years, and in different locations around the globe,
by different members.

2. Jaz, Geordie, Raven, and Youth all lived and places VERY far away
from each other, and rarely talked, and there has not been a steady
drummer since.....

3. They were all busy with OTHER projects. Perhaps you might have heard
of some of them mentioned on the list.

4. The relationships are described as volatile at best, and at times
leads to extended "cool off" periods. This, no doubt, is probably part
of the reason the music tends to be as good as it is. Take the good
with the bad.

5. They are working on a new album now, so why complain at this point?
1995 - 2003 is done, and since then, we have had one album out, and one
being recorded, so it seems a mute point. In other words, it would have
made more sense to ask this in 2002 or earlier.

6. They are getting a bit older, and people do tend to slow it down a
little. Not saying this is the case, but it is often times at least
some of a factor.

7. Why rush the process? If it isnt right for them, why try and press
the issue?

8. This is actually a list about Killing Joke, so asking a question
about Killing Joke is not OT (Off Topic).