[kj] LATER WITH JOOLS

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:42:45 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-later at lists.bbc.co.uk [mailto:owner-later at lists.bbc.co.uk]
Sent: 11 May 2005 18:56
To: later at lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Later is back with a new series

 WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 25, PROGRAMME 1

 NEXT SHOW is on FRIDAY at 11.35PM, BBC2

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

 Newsletter – Programme 1

 Hello Music Lovers,

 I'm back and can you believe it, it's the 25th Series! We've got some
stupendous talent coming up this series including Athlete, Martha
Wainwright, Jamiroquai, John Legend, The Go! Team, Van Morrison, The Fall,
David Sanborn, Lhasa, Faith Evans, Rufus Wainwright, Anthony & The Johnsons,
Coldplay and many more.

 Kicking off for the first show are the Foo Fighters. I'm so pleased to have
them back, Dave Grohl and his merry men will be performing tracks from their
forthcoming double album 'In Your Honor'. It's a double whammy with a rock
disc and an acoustic disc and comes out in June. The band will be performing
two "rawk" tracks and Dave will also perform an acoustic number for our
visual & aural pleasure.

 But who else do we have on the show?!

 Hip Hop's coolest players The Black Eyed Peas make their first trip to
Later and what a pleasure it is to have them on. The "Peas" will be
showcasing new tracks from their forthcoming album 'Monkey Business' and
playing an older song that you might recognise, "Let's Get It Started"!

 We always like to bring you new talent first and this series will be no
exception! One of the most talked about bands of this year is Montreal's The
Arcade Fire. They are on a whistle stop trip to the UK and we were lucky
enough to persuade them to stop off at the Later studio. They're a talented
and unusual bunch, check out what's going on in their bass drum, I won't
spoil it for you but it's magical.

 We always like to support home grown talent as well! Already favourites of
the music press, Staine's finest Hard-Fi are tipped to be one of 2005
hottest bands. Performing for the first time on Later I can assure you they
will not disappoint.

 I had this beautiful and talented young lady on Later four years ago and
she blew me away! Officially the saviour of 'Fado' Portugal's answer to the
blues, Mariza returns bringing with her more songs highlighting how she has
brought this traditional form of music into the 21st century.

 Joining me for a chat this week is arguably one of the finest slide
guitarists in the world, Ry Cooder. He'll be chatting to me about his varied
and fascinating career and will be telling me all about his new album
'Chavez Ravine'.

 I'll also be chatting to a fantastic new talent in the world of comedy,
Catherine Tate. She's going to come along, enjoy the show and make us laugh!

 So that's the line up for the first Later of my brand new series, not bad
at all if I don't mind saying so myself! Next week I'll have the legendary
Robert Plant, Deptford's Athlete, Brighton's The Go! Team, Manchester's
finest The Fall, jazz hero Mose Allison and Quebec's Lhasa

 Don't Miss It!

 Tune In – 11.35pm Friday 13th May on BBC 2

 WHAT'S NEW ON THE WEBSITE:

 COMPETITION!

WIN TICKETS TO THE SHOW! All you have to do is answer one simple question.

You can also find out more about all the acts that are appearing on this
week's show and vote for who you'd like to appear on your dream Later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

 INTERVIEWS:

You can read our backstage interviews with Hard Fi and The Arcade Fire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/interviews/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/newsletter/

 This email has been sent by:

BBCi Music