[kj] Top 5 ... and albums?

Ed Grapes dadsizedpantz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 10 13:36:42 EDT 2005

Mmmm.  Tough one.  It would undoubtedly never be the same from day to day. Today, though, I reckon these are top banana for me, no fixed order:

Blood On Your Hands
Are You Receiving
Wilful Days (just for the start "heeeeeeere we GO ..."
Song And Dance
Pssyche
Chessboards

This changed from my original list, made yesterday, which was:

A Southern Sky
Another Cult Goes Down
Inside The Termite Mound
Turn To Red
Medicine Wheel

 must have been in a mellower mood ;-}

Worst
You'll Never Get To Me
Obsession  (preferred Ecstacy, no need to re-hash a riff)
Stay One Jump Ahead (particularly the extended version)

Oh.  hang on got to three and I got stuck.  Can't think of any others.

But then to be honest, I'd have trouble picking the top five albums ... Top three?  As a whole entity I'd go for

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (nostalgia reasons, as much as anything else)
Pandemonium
Firedances

But hell, that would change tomorrow.

Wouldn't pick Democracy, because although it's got some great tunes, the production is awful.

Dave Noonan <noonan.hq at ntlworld.com> wrote:
The top 5 songs that broke my speakers are...

1.Empire song (an epic – classic riffs from Geordie & BP beauty sleeve)
2. Follow the leaders (Dancefloor wrecker! - again class sleeve)
3. Song and Dance (a delightful wall of noise)
4. Wardance (original mix – yep the one with that filthy bass line! - more sleeve genius)
5. Pssyche (the faster it is played the better – killer live track)

I know they are probably not the most inspired choices, but these are the ones that get my neck hairs to attention.

& Bubbling under...

6. Tension (what a single this was coupled with FTL – it melted several inferior record players!!!!)
7. Unspeakable (especially the live one from Ha!)
8. Requiem (and or floating leaf mix – a top twist on the original, fuck it I want them both in!)
9. Change (classic punk/dancefloor crossover)
10. Communion (a call to arms)

And just for laughs...Worst 5!

   You’ll never get to me (horrible!!! makes me cringe every time I hear it)
   Me or you (KJ – stay away from lightweight pop-tunes!!!)
   A new day (just lame...)
   Millennium (KJ lurch towards nu metal – I know it will have its fans, but sorry this is substandard pandering to the masses)
   Southern sky (for fucks sake this sounds like nik kershaw!!!!!!!)

Am I the only one who wonders what the early stuff would sound like now? – i.e. re-recorded, not just re-mastered...

--

Dave
Leeds