[kj] OT: Anthony Bliar again

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:24:50 EDT 2005

> The second paragraph was a bit more serious than the first.
>    The notion that if the US corporations pulled out ,The UK would go
> bankrupt is nonsense.
>   The void would be filled by British, Asian or European companies.

as recently demonstrated at longbridge?

> The US companies here are making a profit,And if they re not they will pack up their companies and go,So the corporations have a market value

commonly known as trade agreements. However, as one who lives in a
city dubbed as the Oil capitol of Europe, i see the link between the
UK and the US in terms of resources. If anything is significant
towards the 'special relationship' its our joint ability to have a
large influence on the energy resources of the world.

>   And the notion that multi-national corporations see countries borders as
> significant is in-correct.
>  The U.S needs the UK (as its only friend in Europe) just as much as the UK
> needs the US.

not completely true. The British government had to vie with Germany,
not so long ago, for quite a while for the mantle of being the
favoured pet. I think it was Clinton who saw Germany as the preferred
partner.
--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow