[kj] OT - Death From Above 1979

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 02:46:21 EDT 2005

They're from Toronto. They play here quite a bit. I
saw them a bunch when they were sort of "up and
coming" and would play at bars and stuff for pretty
cheap. Now, they can usually be seen opening for the
likes of Billy Talent and Alexisonfire. Hmm, no
thanks. Pretty cool stuff. They definately have that
stupid indie rock ere about them, but they still
manage to pull it off without being too smarmy about
it (ie: the fucking arcade fire). I really love their
first EP called Heads Up. The first song on it, Dead
Womb, is their best song, no question. A super-fast,
driving, catchy as hell anthem about club girls who do
too much coke.

Leigh