[kj] OT: The Screaming Blue Messiahs

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 31 18:36:17 EST 2005

hahahaha....I bought TOTALLY RELIGIOUS (their last album) off eBay on disc for a similar sum...which is odd, as I had it on vinyl and never even considered it that great a record (though "Four Engines Burning" has a mighty riff).

Never got to see them live, sadly. Always lamented the fact that "I Wanna Be a Flintstone" became their idiotic "novelty single" hit (ala "Whip It"), which basically tied an albatross of "one-hit-wonder" around their neck,...dooming them to a death of 80's compilations. This was a band with SO much power and SO much to offer. Fuck the world.

Alex in NYC