[kj] Killing-Joke.com

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 30 11:09:23 EST 2005

It is indeed slightly old news, but welcome nonetheless!

But it reminds me and angers me about the still-pathetic state of the
"official" killingjoke.com (without the hyphen). The Dour Festival link
Marnick sent lists the acts at the festival...you click on Killing Joke
and you get one of the red "guess how old we are" pix of
Jaz/Geordie/Youth, plus a link to...killingjoke.com, which then tells
you very little about the band and less about their recent activities.
Last time I clicked on it, it continued to deafen me with the D&RS
chords, even while Seeing Red played, creating a jumbled mix that made
me want to shut my browser and call it a day. So any potential new fans
who check in on these festival sites and wants to find out who this
Killing Joke is gets treated to $hit. It's not even uninformative in the
traditional "total anonymity/total exploitation" kind of way. It's just
a mess.

Who knows, maybe I'm exaggerating the importance of a decent web site,
or maybe my coffee was just brewed poorly this morning, but it pains me.
This rant, brought to you by clorox, is now over.