[kj] wot ya listening to

bernies bernies at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 25 05:49:47 EST 2005

Sh'pleashure.

Not heard of Alice Coltrane, let alone albums. You inspired me yesterday...I
hit eBay and now have several Miles CDs heading my way. Just thought of
something else: try Carla Bley Band's "The Lord is Listenin' to Ya,
Hallelujah!" for incredible melancholic trombone virtuosity. Think Groove
Armada's "At the River" only miles (small m) better. This is an incredible
track that you just have to hear. Unfortunately don't have it myself. Hello
eBay.

Jumped in the car last night and t'wife had been playing Talk Talk. I'd
forgotten how good they were and very, very melancholy when the mood took
them, try "Tomorrow Started" from the second album.

Will check out Alice Coltrane. Any rel. of John?