[kj] forthcoming gigs

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 02:27:59 EST 2005

Of course, Jaz did say pretty much that about Eighties, in (you guessed) 1989. "We won't be playing this again" were the exact words, I think. Anyway, they did of course play it in 1991 and later.

Mind you, I haven't heard it in the 21st century (yet) but perhaps in 75 years' time it will become freshly relevant. Perhaps with slightly amended lyrics:

"Eighties - I'm still alive in the eighties."

In fact, given that Jaz has just turned 45, it's unlikely that he'll still be with us in 75 years' time.  But in 35 years, he could sing:

"Eighties - I'm living in my eighties."

Jamie