[kj] essential blues

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 23 23:44:42 EST 2005

Alright I'll start it then, these do it for me with my
fairly limited blues knowledge

Howlin' Wolf - Ridin' In The Moonlight
John Lee Hooker - Tantalizing With The Blues
Little Walter - Chess Masters
Lightnin' Slim
Son House
Elmore James
Big Bill Broonzy

go Colesy go

as for reggae/dub I'd say buy ANYTHING on the Blood
and Fire label (funded by Mick Hucknall no less) - the
best King Tubby stuff by far