[kj] What an earful?

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 12:31:00 EST 2005

Yeah, that's what I mean. I love the story that they recorded that first
album when XTC sales were, er, "not quite what they'd been" shall we say,
and Virgin grudgingly gave them the minimum money to record the DOS LP
with. Once it was done they handed Virgin back the change left over.  Then
the DOS album went on to sell far more than the last XTC album did.
I woulda killed to see 'em live, but they never played as far as I know.
Would also like to hear some of the demos if anyone has them... they came
out on one of the Andy Partridge solo CD's of odds and ends.

Dave