[kj] forthcoming gigs

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 07:46:25 EST 2005

There's just no way they could do a gig without the "classics" in there
too. I thought the last tour had a fair smattering on new stuff, and I'd go
with Paul in that they probably didn't have anything ready to go for the
SBE gigs. It woulda been good to have maybe one new one just to show us the
future, but when they're dropping MINOG 'cos Jaz can't remember the words,
I'd reckon new material just didn't stand a chance!
I know some folks are sick of Wardance, but I gotta say it's always a great
moment at a Joke show for me. I've always liked the way they rarely do Love
Like Blood... just to annoy the fuckers that only own Now That's What I
Call Music 24 or some such horror. It also makes it an extra special treat
when they DO play it.
I'm still surprised, nay, perturbed by the fact they played nothing of
What's This For? though.

cheers,
               Dave