[kj] forthcoming gigs

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 12:52:45 EST 2005

  KJ has a lot of (even the old) music that sounds timeless,
even contemporary. It could flesh out a set of mostly new stuff.
I have every confidence in that. Their show I saw seemed not at
all like a reunion/revival/nostalgic/whatever. It held its own
against w/e is out there now.
  Though i think they're whole marketing approach is way too
abstract, even elitist-ish. Not too relatable, or
contemporary-like to seem relevant to most of the general
public.
It's like, you have to "get" the joke, or else Killing Joke just
doesnt seem to come across.
  I think it's better when people love you or hate you b/c then
at least they've heard of you and get it enough to decide. But
when you say "Killing Joke" and people say, "Huh?" You've got a
problem there.
 Maybe Motley Crue can solve that for them? 8)

--- iPat <pmdavies at gmail.com> wrote:
> i understand bands wanting to leave old songs in the past in
> order to
> promote new material, but that material needs to be able to
> stand on
> its own. While i feel that they have moved that way to my
> personal tastes i wonder if they can sell a tour on that
alone.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso