[kj] DVDs

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 06:01:45 EST 2005

ade wrote:

> Hi all - yeah, mr-pants is getting a battering recently & what with
> my limited bandwith, I'm 4kd if I can do anything about it. I have a
> max upload of 256Mbit/ps which is sh!t to begin with & I'm already
> paying extra to get that.

I remember running a server on 28k, but files were smaller then too.

Though TBH for new things you may want to consider bittorrent. It will
relieve the strain and share the onus on everyone downloading. You'd
have to set up a tracker though or find a public one that hasn't been
shut down due to movie leeching.

> The ONLY way you'll get anything at the moment is to get yourself a
> download manager, queue whatever you want for download & then leave
> it a few days!!! Obviously, broadband people will be fine..

Might want to add to that that people using download managers should
limit their downloads to 1 file at a time. Some of these problems get
caused by people trying to download all the files simultaneously on a
fast connection.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76