[kj] killing joke for orchestra

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 14:04:55 EST 2005

   I'm still waiting for Jer' to score some classical for KJ to
perform. And they'll need an orchestra precisely because Geordie
won't be there.

   They mixed just fine w/Phloyd and Zeppelin. Kashmir and
Symphonic Phloyd were not bad at all. Actually were quite good
and did the music justice from a different angle. I don't think
Jaz did any breast augmentation to the original materials, just
shot it thru a different prism-filter-lens-choose your metaphor.

About jumping the shark? Usually not if Jaz takes a crack at it,
it'll stand a chance.
(i didn't like the Doors Concierto,
 and havent heard the Stones')

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I think it's a horrible idea, personally. I don't think
> symphonic
> adaptation has *EVER* worked for *ANY* band, let alone one as
> distinctive as Killing Joke.  As far as I'm concerned, Killing
> Joke's
> music doesn't *NEED* any sort've augmentation....part of its
> beauty and
> power is that SO much sound is generated from only four
> players.
> Anything competing with Geordie's guitar in the mix is just
> going to be
> a needless distraction. Who needs a fuckin' orchestra when
> you've got
> Geordie?
>
> Moreover, the whole symphonic adaptation of rock music is
> *SUCH A
> CLICHE!* Once Metallica and Kiss have done it, hasn't it
> officially "jumped the shark" (as the kids say?) What's next,
symphonic Korn?

> I respect Jaz's involvement in classical music, but as he
> himself is
> fond of saying, he enjoys the seemingly polar divisions in his
> life. As
> such, I'd suggesting leaving Killing Joke as rock music and
> leaving the
> symphonic stuff to the classical. AND MAY THE TWO NEVER MIX.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso
visit the planet of the apes