[kj] Gigs, less violent...?

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 20:51:09 EST 2005

Dickies? Weird! Their music is so fun and harmless.
They wrote a song in tribute to the Pep Boys, for
godsake.

Leigh

--- Wittz <wittz at starsandmoon.plus.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

The worst violance I saw was at a Macc Lads gig
(remember them ?) in Blackburn in the 80s.
To getter a better view I had managed to grab a chair
and was stood on it just off the dance floor when, not
to unexpectedly, it kicked off. It was a great view
watching all the fighting below me on the dance floor,
that was until one guy decided to brain a another guy
with a chair, unfortunately for me it was going to be
the chair I was stood on at the time. Needless to say
I ended flat out when he ripped it from under me.

Remeber early Vibrators tours cancelled half way
through due to stabings.
Angelic Upstarts gigs were always dodgy due to the NF
crew that had aligned themselves with the band which
Mensi hated

Brian.

Oh and Dickies gig used to be non too pretty at times.

On Thu Mar 3 8:24 , iPat <pmdavies at gmail.com> sent:

The Meteors had in their road crew some of the highest
profile
football fighters of that time. The lead singer was
sent away for
murder wasnt he? I recall them wandering around one
gig with a
baseball bat looking for someone who had thrown a
plastic glass full
of beer at them on stage.

btw the crass recording [out on cd] in perth of the
skinhead/bnp
attack throughout the gig was off my cassette in the
mixer. Not only
was it self survival but we were trying to protect the
band and the
younger punks the whole night. I was hidden in the
back of the Poisen
Girls ambulance and dropped off in Edinburgh so i
wasnt hunted down
that night!

the worst security was always in ipswich and
Colchester as they used
the squaddies from the local garrison. I recall the
end of the Ramones
gig being particularly violent in 78/79. Penetration
in Colchester was
dangerous as well.

At a Clash gig they went over the top in Ipswich and a
week or so
later Siouxsie and The Banshees came on their first
tour which saw a
revenge attack planned although i cant recall what
happened as i was
caught up with the band.

i recall a major off at one of the open air gigs in a
London park,
maybe Crystal Palace circa 83 a march for jobs do.

Bristol was always dodgy and Birmingham when
roadieing.

--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow