[kj] Thursday Communion drumming

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 2 16:22:47 EST 2005

I never liked it much until I heard it live in 2003
(had heard but didn't much appreciate the Phoenix
Festival version before that). But then I fell in love
with it and the lyrics. It really works for me as an
opener. The slower pace, the ceremonial entrance
feeling of it, the keyboard setting the mood before
Raven, Geordie, and [Insert Drummer Here] break into
the riff...it really worked for me at the gigs in 2003
and it still moves my blood when I listen to bootlegs
now.

That said, I wouldn't want it in the set if it wasn't
as the opener, and I'm sure there are other gems that
could be used well to open the set. The Hum would
still be great. Requiem or Termite Mound, too.
(Obviously I lean toward openers that slowly build,
though)...Pandamonium?