[kj] OT-kentucky zombie terror

culturevirus culturevirus at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 15:29:40 EST 2005

At the risk of being a buzz-kill for this love-fest that's going on, IMO this has less to do with conservative middle America and more to do with the over-reactive nature of US schools today. The fallout of Columbine and other extreme school violence incidents has been these zero-tolerance policies that have seen 7 year olds suspended for accidently bringing 2" long toy guns to school, teenagers suspended for giving a girlfriend a Motrin (a US PMS/PMT med) and numerous investigations into "hit lists" of fellow students that someone doesn't like. US schools these days are very, very touchy about anything that looks like violence or bullying. If you're a US parent of a school-age child you know what I mean. If Jester were active these days I'm sure he could add some insight.

Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

Let's hear it for those Red States.

Alex in NYC

On Wednesday, March 2, 2005, at 01:54 AM, Matthew Burke wrote:

> No relevance to the list, this is just the next best thing to
> screaming out the window.
>
> An eighteen year old in Kentucky has been arrested and faces 2nd
> degree felony charges of terroristic threatening for writing a story
> about zombies.  No, I'm not kidding.  Look out George Romero . . .
>
> http://www.lex18.com/global/story.asp?s=2989614&ClientType=Printable

I am culturevirus