[kj] Sound a disgrace

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:33:08 EST 2005

Thursday nights sound was an absolute disgrace. Friday was a considerable
improvement, but still not good enough. I never remember any 80's gigs
having bad sound quality, but several 90's gigs did.

I found myself feeling quite resentful on Thursday that they could get it so
wrong after all these years. One or two songs were unrecognisable to begin
with. It's a shame because the band themselves seem to be on form and they
seem to have unearthed a great drummer. He couldn't be blamed for not being
able to tell where Geordie was in his riff for the beginning of Bloodsport.
So much echo.

Jaz did that thing again where he sings the chorus of The Wait about a whole
tone flat, but again that is down to poor sound quality. So many overtones
from the bass bouncing around.

One more moan: Pandemonium too slow both nights.

Oh, and another: wish they wouldn't do truncated versions of songs - Pandys
and Pandemonium need to go on longer.

Having said all this, I had a great time on Friday night and got my appetite
back (which the Motley thing had almost helped destroy). Jaz's singing was
good on the Friday night and better than 2003. The sound on the DVD may well
be better than it was in the Empire, and I'd rather have Song and Dance and
Pandys on that DVD than KJ2003 material, so the 2003 DVD fiasco may have
been a blessing in disguise.

Roll on Cheltenham!

Si