[kj] KJ FAQ

fatpotanga fatpotanga at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:02:01 EST 2005

What do people think about pooling our resources/knowledge to create the
ultimate KJ faq?

As Colsey says about the Gathering on MD links page ³ There's nothing you
can't find out here, just ask.²
Well, we seemed to have asked and answered almost every question imaginable
& between us there¹s very little we don¹t know/can¹t find out.
I was looking at the stunning Discography/lyric section on Bobs
Wintergardens site and thought Œwhat if you expanded it even further...?¹

Had a few chats with Joe Mo¹ last week about it. In his own words:
> ³It gives me something to do, besides wit and dwell on the shit eating me from
> the inside. Also, since my doc wont let me work at my old job as a techie, it
> makes me feel like I am still somewhat like a productive human being..... lets
> go for all the info we can..shoe size, birthday, kids, favorite color,
> childhood neighborhood, musical influences, all that shit. Things that would
> make us look like odd ball stalkers.³
Though perhaps it¹d be prudent to omit phone numbers and the like..?

So, a detailed biog of each member then details  of every single track,
every album, demo, lyric - as people have already done but then expand it
further: SO36 is a club in Berlin(?) where they played and a postcode.
What the German translates to.
Where recorded when who by. Who made the tea.
meaning/inspiration/stories about each track.
Then key moments/events like Iceland and so on.
Individual stories, thoughts, amusing/not so amusing tales from
fans/friends; gigs & events such as the Porchester Hall Party or Neils Œfrom
the horses mouth¹ account of the liver & maggots incident.
Cliffs accounts & geeky guitar insights from the last tour. The fact that
raven tunes down to C for Asteroid etc etc ad infinitum yadda yadda blah
blah.

As it¹d be such a big task we¹re toying with having a specific email so
people can directly submit information: info at killing-joke.com - to then
build into a comprehensive knowledge base.

So whaddya think?
Good idea or a great big steaming pile o¹ shite?