[kj] The Gods Were With Us :o)

Richard's email richard at phipps48.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 02:09:13 EST 2005

Well what a couple of nights that was.  I think the general consensus of those present was that it was (probably) the best gigs in the world ever – as was noted by someone elses comments there did seem to be a "small” influx of “non-believers” who infiltrated the faithful, oh well.

Didn’t manage to make it down to the Golden Hawk Tavern, O’neills was as far as we got on both nights and there were sufficient other KJ-ers about to make it a cosy enough atmos prior to the evenings events.

But hey I was more than happy to have Ravens hand slap when they arrived on stage on Friday night and the Mrs, herself, didn’t manage to get squished at her 1st (and quite probably last) KJ gig, always a bonus for ongoing matrimonial harmony. As opposed to my waist now still aching from Thursday - most I have ever been "crushed" at a KJ.

Honey Monster did an excellent job with all the tracks: Song and Dance, Communion, Blood on your Hands, Pandy’s are Coming, Complications and of course Change on Friday – if I did have to select particular tracks, were sublime.  Ah fuck it, they were all excellent – agree also with other comments, that the sound was better on Friday than the Thursday.

So questions to follow up:

Does anyone have any decent pics and MP3 recordings of either or both,
(Early I know but I gotta ask) Anyone got an inkling of when the DVD is possibly, allegedly to be released?
Is it correct that the camera work on Thursday was just a precursor to the main filming on Friday?

L8rs

Phippsy

Ps. Cake looked good ;o)

--