[kj] RE: Gathering t-shirts

David Schofield David.Schofield at wcigroup.com
Thu Jun 30 19:19:26 EDT 2005

Just because 2 computes appear to have the same IP address does not mean
that they are the same computer. Quite often the ISPs use a small number
of public internet IP addresses to mask a large number of internal IP
addresses. Both computers will be allocated separate IP addresses by the
ISP during connection, but from the internet side, both appear to have
the gateway IP address for the ISP. AOL used to do this (I don't know if
they still do).

That doesn't mean that this is the case here though....

Dave