[kj] your first "punk" gig.....

Dave Axford daxford at rogers.com
Wed Jun 29 19:51:52 EDT 2005

Alex wrote:

First gig ever -- punk or otherwise --- Devo at Radio City Music Hall, Halloween 1981

My first gig was also Devo ("Freedom of Choice" tour). Pete Townsend was in the audience... The Who were playing Maple Leaf Gardens the following night.
The Spud-boys played a nice, tight show and I wasn't the least bit disappointed.

First arguably proper "punk" gig: the Circle Jerks, DOA & Redd Kross at the Ritz on 11th Street...sometime around `83 mebbe?

First "punk" gig (other than local bands) was PiL. An AMAZING version of "Where are you?" to open the show... Soooo much better than the studio version that appeared down the line. Keith Levine may have been a bit of a lazy guitarist, but he at least had some creative edge to his stuff. Atkins was on drums and a very solid player.

Great show

Dave