[kj] your first "punk" gig.....

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 29 19:34:26 EDT 2005

Hahaha....I had a chance to go see GG Allin at the Space at Chase on
3rd Avenue (but completely wimped out, because clearly I'm a huge
pussy). The show ended up being the one filmed for the documentary
"Hated" (and judging from the footage, I did the right thing by staying
home). I had every intention of going to see him at one point, but then
he up and died on us (and not in the way he'd promised --- that he was
going to shove a stick of dynamite up his ass, light it and run into
the audience, taking a few folks with him).

I used to see his brother, Merle, hanging around St.Mark's Place a lot.
I talked to him once or twice, and he's actually an entirely nice,
approachable dude.

FREAKS FAGGOTS DRUNKS AND JUNKIES is also a great goddamn record, I
don't care what anyone says.

GG ALLIN....Rest in peace.

Alex in NYC

Billy....did you know George Tabb by any chance?

On Wednesday, June 29, 2005, at 07:28 PM, Bill Meissner wrote:

>     My first Punk gig was G.G. ALLIN- it was the first time he ever
> ate his own shit on stage. It was in a room at a fucking iceskating
> rink. I saw G.G. about 10 other times after that- he was a personal
> friend for years. I played in a band called BLOODY MESS and the SKABS,
> my singer was a good friend who introduced me to him. Those shows were
> as intense as a show can be….scary
>
>                                      Billy Goat

<image.tiff>