[kj] First record

dave at dna:creative noonan.hq at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 28 06:12:31 EDT 2005

Well then...my first record I bought from Woolies in the mid 70's was a
Baron Knights single (what were the odds on THEM being mentioned on a KJ
list...!) I swiftly made up for this gross faux pas though by getting my Mum
to go into Ere Ere records in Lancaster, which was a quality shop for music
if it is not there still, to buy the following:

The Clash -  English Civil War
Skids - Into the Valley
Sex Pistols - C'mon everybody
Elvis Costello ­ Oliver¹s Army

First LP

The Damned - Machine Gun Ettiquette, which is still probably my favourite
Damned LP

All of which I still have in dilapidated condition, except for Costello, as
for some reason, I fell out with him and his music then, as much as I like
him now.

Dave
Leeds