OT RE: [kj] ot:Blair savaging UK Democracy

Partridge, Felicity felicity.partridge at financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Thu Jul 28 06:20:34 EDT 2005

Hmmmm not such a bright idea then.  I would suggest paying them a low
but reasonable salary but that is clearly not the answer.  It's the old
hackneyed problem whereby the kind of principled people who we might
want to take decisions on our behalf are usually those who do not want
to be public leaders, and so we are left with the second rate ones who
are susceptible to bribes and corruption, etc.  But if removing
financial incentives doesn't work then I am as ever, stumped. (but not
stunted).

  _____