[kj] gathering@misera.net

xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx at whitemail.ie
Sun Jan 30 16:50:44 EST 2005

If we dont have growth ,then we have a decline.Once the economy starts declining ,the people who bare the brunt are the poorest members of society,The better off can ride the storm and tighten the buckle.When the recession hits the most affected are the service industry and construction industries.
    If the rich guys decides to stop spending,the waitress and chefs lose out.If he decides not to build an extension the builders lose out.Its ripple effect.
    We need more houses because more people are living alone nowadays,Or previously whole families used to live together,this is no longer the case.Most immigrants do the jobs that the locals dont want to do.

         XXXXXXXXXX

All very well if you want what is refferred to as 'progress'. Why do
we need growth? Is it to simple an argument to say that it is simply
to make profit for the elite?
why do we need extra jobs, houses and roads? Is it simply to feed a
machine that at some time must implode on itself?
i wonder....