[kj] nice guy?

michael.head at directline.com michael.head at directline.com
Thu Jan 20 12:12:00 EST 2005

apols if this already went out

                      Michael Head
                                               To:      "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
                      20/01/2005 12:19         <gathering at misera.net>
                                               cc:
                                               Subject: Re: [kj] nice guy?(Document link: Michael Head)

I think Grohl's input to this album is overrated and his inclusion was
perhaps more a marketing decision as opposed to one of talent given the
alternatives available described by Jaz.
>From a fan's perspective BPF, Atkins, Dugmore & Ted Parsons are all nice
people, always courteous & wanting to help where possible.

                      first fossil
                      <firstfossil at yaho        To:       "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
                      o.co.uk>                  <gathering at misera.net>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      gathering-bounces        Subject:  Re: [kj] nice guy?
                      @misera.net

                      20/01/2005 12:05
                      Please respond to
                      "A list about all
                      things Killing
                      Joke (the band!)"

Whether Jaz is nice or not, he's right about David Grohl. Did an great job
on the 2003 CD but people are probably prejudiced because he's ex-Nirvana.
The Pandemonium drummer was bloody awful.

parasikon <parasikon at yahoo.com> wrote:
 Seems unfair that Big Paul's been gone this long and the subtle shots like
 these still continue.Before they do anything else, all three of them
 should just hop in a car or plane and go see this guy.Get it over with and
 ascend to the next level.

 fluwdot at earthlink.net wrote:
  from the undercover interview featured at madani's:

  JC: Well we were going to have three drummers originally on four
  tracks each or three tracks each or something like that. They were
  going to be Danny from Tool - who incidentally is upstairs as I speak
  - he was going to play something. We were going to have John from
  System of a Down and we were going to have Dave as well, but when
  Dave came in and heard everything, he said "I want to do this, this
  is mine." So there you go, that's how it happened.

  TC: Danny from Tool is an amazing drummer, so that obviously shows
  how highly you rate Dave.

  JD: He's a fucking killer drummer! Dave's fantastic too and the great
  thing about both of them is that unlike all the other drummers we've
  had, they're nice people! Hahaha!

 Do you Yahoo!?

Direct Line Group Limited, registered in England
with number 2811437, registered office 3 Edridge
Road, Croydon, Surrey  CR9 1AG.  The following
companies are members of the Direct Line Group:
Direct Line Insurance plc, Direct Line Life
Insurance Company Limited, Direct Line Unit
Trusts Limited and Direct Line Financial
Services Limited, all of which are authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
All are members of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

This email is intended for the addressee only and
may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should
notify us immediately and delete it.  You should
not copy, print, distribute, disclose or use any
part of it.  We reserve the right to monitor and
record all electronic communications through our
networks.  We cannot accept any liability for
viruses transmitted via this email once it has
left our network.