[kj] great moments in KJ history, number 8

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 05:38:04 EST 2005

Buying the league? Don't make me laugh!
For years the mancs were buying up the young talent and passing them
off as their own. Same as Arsenal and before them the scoucers and
yids. Did people complain when they won things, suggest that it was
'unfair'? Arsenal were formed from financial irregularities with their
founder banned from holding position in the game not so long after
that. Do you hear any comments? No we don't. Did we hear people say
its so unfair when these teams could buy the talent from provincial
teams with less financial backbone of the English 'giants'?

When European teams win do we hear people say that the competition is
worthless as these teams are buying the cups? No we don't.
But with Chelsea now upsetting the apple cart and the main two
competitors involved in a very undignified scrap I cant see a three
horse race at all. 10 points clear.

I laugh at the comments that sound like spoilt brats spitting their
dummies out of their prams. Arsenal took the Emirates deal as a huge
success and it was roughly the same money we had off them but they are
tied into it for a longer time! Guess what, we wont have any sponsors
on our shirt but whilst people used to say they would love that they
find it hard to aknowledge chelseas fortune.

Did I ask for Roman? No I didn't but I have to say that there is more
supporters involvement and consideration than ever before. Do the
mancs or arse have that? Didn't think so. Im no johnney come lately, I
can recall us nearly going down to the 3rd in 82/83 and we were slowly
turning ourselves away from bankruptcy, I have the badge tattooed on
my body, you wont find me phoning up radio stations to run down my
club, and yes mate it really will feel sweet in May if or when we win
it. I was right next to chopper harris the night we won the cup
winners cup in Stockholm and it home how much that meant to him and
me.
Hollow? HA!

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:29:02 +0000, michael.head at directline.com

--