[kj] Festive Fifty entries

juliet pleming pricepleming at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 09:00:44 EST 2005

Dear All

I vaguely remember seeing Brillianat Aylesbury, I think - supporting
Bauhaus? ( Bauhaus, or Ba'as, as we called them were a goth band, I'd say) I
bought the single 'Push' 'That's what friends are for' there, and Youth and
Marcus signed it. Youth's signature included a big phallic symbol. I still
have it. One of the few records that didn't go to Record &  Tape Exchange or
get lost along the way.

Does anyone else remember that gig? Did Brilliant support Bauhaus or  do I
have false memory syndrome?

What about the Virgin Prunes? I loved them. Would they be judged goth? My
daughter is very keen on Moulin Rouge (the film)  at the moment, and I
notice that Gavin Friday and Bono did the vocals on one of the songs on
there  -  Children of the Revolutiion.

Juliet