[kj] explanation... and today's news

xps1 xps1 at quick.cz
Sat Jan 15 06:35:52 EST 2005

I agree with Rob. Certainly Swastika is in recent history a symbol of
Nazism, the most cruel and reactionary movement and regime of all times
whose danger is still exists. It is more than offensive to say the least and
only only towards Jews, but towards many nations, social groups and so on.
Programme of Nazism was not abused, but like this from the very beginning.

Hammer and sickle is very different case. Not only "Communist" regimes were
completely different from Nazism, but it is was a stolen symbol by those
regimes since they represented not continuity of Communist tradition but its
negation. Hammer and sickle was (is) symbol not only of those regimes and
those who supported them, but also of those movements who actually opposed
them and fought them - inside and outside those countries.

Similarily with various symbols of "democratic" regimes: although they might
be responsible for more death and more oppressed than Nazism (if we stick to
bodycount as a measure - which i think is absolutely superficial), they are
not programatically for genocide or other things for what Nazis stand, so
their symbols I dont find offensive in any measure as symbol of Nazism.

Opposing Zionism is a good thing in my view, but it shallby no means lead us
to any tolerance towards Nazism, including its symbols.

Pavel

  _____