[kj] semi-OT: Music vs. Message

first fossil firstfossil at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 15:50:09 EST 2005

Killing Joke isn't really a political group like Biafra et al. I've always loved the throat grabbing combat songs (Age of Greed, Total Invasion etc) but there are too many inconsistencies and, from what you hear, the band members don't have the integrity. KJ can be politically provocative and passionate stuff but there's no firm overriding political message so it's not outlandish that there should be Bushistas or whatever who get off on the music.

fluwdot at earthlink.net wrote:
why twits like this complain?

they don't want to hear political commentary yet the music is largely
political commentary. how can they stand to listen to the music in
the first place?
because they can not comprehend they lyrics.

the music is a message