[kj] Ghostly goings on

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 10 12:51:56 EST 2005

By "logical explanation," do you mean one that's
explained by current science/understanding? ...Like
the way lightning, tornados, electricity, fire all
used to be mysterious and now man understands them?

I believe there's causal reasons for everything, but
we seem far, far away from a current "rational"
explanation of the "ghostly" sightings we're
discussing here. My hunch is to buy into the multiple
dimensions that Rob (and physicists, actually) speak
of; but our consciousnesses aren't adept at even
noticing them, much less explaining them (for the most
part, anyway; my sister--and Rob's friend--might be
mild exceptions).

We can hardly even understand or describe our own
consciousness--probably in part because our perceiving
tool is the "thing" being studied. But if we could,
I'd bet we'd find it's a very narrow tool adapted just
to get by/survive in this world, and so is unfit to
perceiving and explaining what we call the
"paranormal" or other dimensions. Same way Newtonian
physics makes perfect sense to us but quantum physics
sounds so whacky and difficult for us to get our hands
around it.

So one could say drugs, or stress, or whatever
contributed to or created these apparitions; another
could say those influences simply bent the
consciousness tool in a way that it noticed what it
otherwise wouldn't.

Sorry for the pass-the-bong sounding tangent...but
those are my feelings. I don't think belief in the
paranormal and scientific understanding are mutually
exclusive; they just haven't met yet.