[kj] OT: Tsunami: USA partly to blame for deaths of tensofthousands

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 16:23:35 EST 2005

  East, west, doesn't matter. The human organism is the same
everywhere. It strives w/everything it will ever have to TRY to
live a life as full as no human has ever yet lived, and fights
with every thought, feeling and cell in its body to keep from
dying, even if it thought ripping off its own hands would do the
the trick. It's unfathomable, really.
  That's what I see 150,000 of, being destroyed by nature.
No matter how comfy easterners are with death, still doesn't
make it any less, or should it 'couch' in any way our acceptance
of it.  Or maybe I'm just not getting why/how you qualify
western views on the issue.

--- xxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxx at whitemail.ie> wrote:

> I think you guys are making the mistake of confusing the
> Eastern way of life with the Western way of life.
>     Western values,A life is unique and something to hold on
> too at all costs.Eastern values ,Life is generally hard and
> miserable and when you die you are reincarnated to a better
> life,So when death occurs ,People are not generally as sad
> because they see it as moving on to a better
> life(reincarnation).
>    I am not saying that Eastern people dont care ,They do.They
> just dont see death as being the end.

  But you don't say how that 'confusion/mistake' has skewed
people's critical evaluation of the lives lost. You seem to
imply that the west is somehow viewing this all as "too" this or
"too" that. Pls explain.

>     And the ""Money property assets before lives.." slogan
> applies to us all.The amount of people that died in the
> tsunami(150 000)die every 10 days in Africa through various
> causes and

would you give your"money property assets" to save
> these lives:
>    Is your answer yes or no,To these painful truths?

NO.
   It's not my job to sacrifice everything i have to save the
world. Nothing in my genetic code or set of experiences prepares
me for that or justifies my or anyone having to do so. So then
why do you ask that question?

> "Money property assets before lives.."

> --- ade <ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > they removed the previous guy for having an itchy trigger
finger (costing money),replace him
> > with people who are well aware of the cost to business if an
> > alarm
> > goes off & then finally re-instate the original guy 'cos at
> > least he'll be willing to set the alarm off!
> >
> > "Profits over people..."

=====
As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes