[kj] ot: Futureheads play NYC

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 10:37:18 EST 2005

Despite the fact that many of you folks inexplicably hate this band, I
went last night to go see the Futureheads play at the lovely Bowery
Ballroom (where Killing Joke should've played last time and where
they'll hopefully play next time). Say what you will about them and
their irritating indie nation of forced nostalgia for an age they're
all too young to actually have lived through the first time around, let
me just say that this band is fuckin' TIGHT. They sprint through
numbers and turn on a goddamn dime. More vintage XTC and Jam than Gang
of Four. Note perfect and taut. Great stufff.

Pics can be seen (including several unflattering ones of me) here:

http://homepage.mac.com/alexinnyc/2005/PhotoAlbum116.html

Anyway, if they come around your areas, don't write them off. They're
actually quite good.

Cheers,
Alex in NYC