[kj] OT - Frnz Frdnnd

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 04:47:04 EST 2005

I am not overly fond of Franz Ferdinand, but have to say that I find Bloc Party to be a refreshing change from the usual crap these days (admittedly they are influenced like Franz by new wave, but do have their own style)

Also if it wasn't for Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party wouldn't even have got a record deal, thanks to sending Franz a demo tape.

Sadly these days without the likes of John Peel it is tough for any band I am sure to get promotion.  I personally would prefer to listen to the likes of Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party and Stellastarr* with their new take on new wave then a lot of the created by reality tv boy/girl bands out there, at least they respect decent bands of old and try to create their own sound from that..for me that is refreshing.

Nick