[kj] OT : FY2006 Defense Budget

xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx at whitemail.ie
Tue Feb 15 16:49:52 EST 2005

"how do
our Stateside gatherers feel about that ?"

The money is spent,But it doesnt disappear,It helps the economy.
For example:The money spent on military hardware is made by American companys,which employ American workers who pay taxes to the American government.
And the soldiers pay is mostly spent in government shops.So the more money the Government spends the more it receives back.The war economy keeps millions of Americans in jobs,who would otherwise be unemployed and claiming welfare(happy now Juliet ?).
Not only does it promote America,But it also gives an opportunity for young Americans to join the army ,branch out,travel around the world..........meet various nationalities ..............converse with youths of other countries............discuss different ideologies............then shoot the bastards ,if they dont come around to the proper way of thinking.

Money well spent

XXXXXXXXXX

So the US defence budget for FY2006 is just $419.3 billion folks, plus a
year on year increase up to $502.3 billion in fiscal year 2011 ... how do
our Stateside gatherers feel about that ? more secure or a tad more poor ?
Dubya's pledge "to defeat global terrorism" ... with military might ? ...
they just don't seem to get it ...