[kj] Yank Brit Slang Expert

Graeme Rowland crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 09:51:16 EST 2005

This
XXXXX Pest

is not American

He regularly uses UK slang
and refers to British adverts from the 70s-80s

I've blocked him from my email and if he annoys you
and you feel he offers nothing worth reading,its easy
for you all to do the same.

 --- Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote:
> And the lesson here is when you're giving someone
> shit
> in an email, for chrissake - proofread em before you
> hit send. Especially if you're coming on the grammar
> police tip.
>
> Leigh
>
> --- xxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxx at whitemail.ie> wrote:
>

> > Anyway thought you said you were  American."
> >
> >   Juliet,I think you missed out a "an",between
> > "were" and "American".It should be:I though you
> were
> > AN  American.
> >
> > "English Literature award" is permissible because:
> >  1.I was referring to Mel ,who is English
> >  2.We speak English in America
> >  3.Anyway more than the above ,I was referring to
> > the English language ,rather the the country.Or
> > would you prefer it if i referred to the language
> as
> > American rather than English?
> >

> >     XXXXXXXXXX

=====
Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert