[kj] OT:Whale rock

Steve Hackett thepunisher at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 14:09:13 EST 2005

Dont know if anyone on here are Mastodon fans.
Went to see 'em in Brum on Friday night.Leviathon is a terrific album but with all the recent hype  - Best band on the planet etc - I was expecting to be disappointed.
BUT NO!
they rock like a mutha!
Played most of the latest album plus a selection from Remission & the ep whose name escapes me.
If you get the chance go see em while theyre still in small clubs - tighter than a gnats chuff,more  rifftastic than Isis & Neurosis & more accessible than Converge......even if they do do concept albums about Moby Dick!