[kj] OT: Da Vinci Code

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:47:00 EST 2005

Yes, I thought Garner might be in there, butr I guess he's just one of many
loons.
I suppose some might say that Magdeline did arrive in France and pass
herself off as an innocent traveller and describe Sarah as her servant in
order to evade detection from whichever persecuting force at the time. Or
that it the event - their arrival in France - happened, but the facts have
become distorted by the local populace as some non-event. But then why would
the local populace hold a celebration for the arrival of a few insignificant
strangers turning up in a boat 2000 years down the line (maybe a reason was
given in the documentary but I've forgotten).
There's certainly something about Mary Magdeline that goes beyong the
'prostitute' role though, I suppose. I guess that's universally accepted
now.
Do you think that Mark in the Last Supper painting was really a bird or just
a bit camp? Ha-ha...

>>>From: Phillipps Marc

Good program,

>I think the whole Mary Magdalene thing needs closer examination, it is
quite
>evident (looking at the Gnostic scriptures) that she was quite
>comprehensively written out of the bible in the early drafts (disciple
envy
>I would guess)
>
>The rest of the program made Dan Brown (and Michael Baigent) look like a
bit
>of a fool . . which is no bad thing :)
>
>I am amazed Laurence Gardner didn't manage to get a look in though
>

>Marc.

Magdeline
> > (sp??) was the wife of Christ and came to Europe with their child,
Sarah
> > (and also because I've a bit of an interest in all that esoteric
stuff
> > myself).
> >
> > A small French town down in "Grail Land" (SW France)
celebrates the
> > arrival
> > of these historical figures every year, but the locals say they
don't
> > believe them to have been Mary plus daughter Sarah. Instead it was
a few
> > other non-Bible related travellers from the Middle East with a
servant
> > called Sarah.
> >
> > Everything else about the Grail story was ripped to shreds too
(such as
> > the
> > Priory of Sion, which was apparently an elaborate surrealist
hoax), making

> > Dan Brown look like a prick when, during some library footage of
an
> > interview with him, he argued enthusiastically for the validity of
the
> > whole
> > thing.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm not too bothered either way, just mentioning it for
its vague
> > KJ
> > relevance. Jaz's opera was about this subject and I'm sure there
are some
> > references to Magdeline on KJ 2003, although I've not really
analysed the
> > lyrics. "Blessed Mother come to meee..." might be one
though. And of
> > course
> > his partnership with that fantacist bloke Garnier, which was all
about the

> > Grail bloodline. Interesting theory while it lasted though.

>This communication may contain information that is confidential and
legally
>privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If
you
>are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of
>distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information
within
>is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
>communication in error, please return it to the sender, then delete and
>destroy any copies of it. The Health Informatics Service disclaims any
>liability for action taken reliant on the content of this message. This
>communication is from the Health Informatics Service serving Barnet
Enfield