[kj] OT - Chameleons back together....

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 09:46:46 EST 2005

Personally, The Chameleons, Cocteau Twins, Killing Joke, The Cure and
Kitchens of Distinction have all been the most important bands in my life
the past 15 years or more.

I have been fortunate enough to see The Chameleons 7 times after they
reformed in 2000 (three times at the Witchwood, at Manc Academy, Ritz, The
Garage Highbury, and finally Jillys rockworld.

I have also been fortunate enough to appear quite frequently on celluloid
with the filming of their Manc Academy resurrection gig, of which was
probably the most emotional gig I have been to I have never experienced a
crowd reaction like it, that was equal to my other favourite gig  for
intensity, Killing Joke on the extremeties tour 1991.

To me no other two bands create such an intense atmosphere live as these two
do, it would be wonderful to see The Chameleons reform yet again, I managed
to get each of their autographs and have to say that both Mark Burgess and
John Lever are two of the nicest and appreciative guys in music.

On the note of Why Call It Anything being classed as not a great album,
forgive my bias!, I don't think it is their best, but taken at face value a
band that had not recorded together for 14 years, all now in their early
40`s I think personally they showed good promise of some good solid songs,
and hope for greater things to come.

Killing Joke 2003 after 7 years gap I view that in the same light.

Good to hear some of you fellow Jokers out there have similar musical
tastes, lets just keep fingers crossed that Cocteau Twins make something of
their reformation and actually record new songs, and live in hope that The
Chameleons kiss and make up..again.

With all the current fads of "new wave of new wave" going on, its great to
see old ones back, wished I could afford to go to Coachella and see the
twins and Bauhaus.

Nick